Tuesday, September 22, 2009

SNL Halloween Costume #7: Grumpy Old Man

I'm old and I'm grumpy! In my day we didn't have fancy computers, with blog services to talk to our friends. If we wanted to talk to each other, we'd pick up something called a rotary phone, and we'd dial the people we loved thousands of miles away until our bank accounts emptied and our fingers bled! And we liked it, we loved it! Because that's the way it was....I think that Dana Carvey was the most talented and versatile actor to come through Saturday Night Live, and I was amazed that his career post-SNL didn't blossom. Of course, my friends and I often acted like Grumpy Old Man, either making up our own schticks or reciting the favorite rabbit skin one. The sad and scary thing is that I'm sure my friends and I now are sometimes acting like the Grumpy Old Man without even realizing it! This costume is easy with a gray cardigan sweater, a reddish plaid shirt, a light gray wig, and some glasses. Oh, and you need that angry voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment